Myth: Exercise is the key to getting chiseled abs
Dear friends, how many times do we have to go over the fact that exercise doesn’t make up for your bad eating habits? Is it really necessary to mention that good nutrition is a flat tummy’s best friend? If so, let me put it this way…
Exercise – Nutrition = Plateau
Exercise + Nutrition = Progress
I realize that most of us need a roadmap when it comes to grocery shopping. On one hand, we’re constantly flooded with countless articles and social media posts that contradict one another when it comes to the foods that we should buy. On the other hand, we don’t know even know how to evaluate which healthy foods are better than others.
If only there was a list that could tell us exactly what we need … Oh wait, there is.
- Egg Whites (or plain eggs)
- Tuna in Water
- Lean Chicken Breast
- Lean Turkey Meat
Vegetables & Fruit
- Leafy greens (spinach, kale, arugula etc.)
- Onions, Chili Peppers & Red Bell Peppers
- Sweet Potatoes
- Kidney and/or Black Beans
- Garbanzo Beans
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios etc.)
- Olive, Coconut, Walnut or Pistachio Oil
- (Avocados – mentioned above)
- Green Tea, Moringa Tea and/or Herbal Tea
Now that you have the ingredients you need, here’s a menu that can give you ideas for your meal prep
Now, you’re ready to shop and cook!