This morning, I received a handful of questions about the veggie bowl that I posted on my Instagram story. Being a woman of the people, I thought it’d be a good idea to write a quick blog detailing the recipe for my meal so that you could try it out sometime this weekend.
Now, for all of you who don’t follow me on social media or have recently joined my channel, let me loop you in.
It’s common knowledge that I prefer to go to the gym as soon as I finish my morning coffee. I like to workout on an empty stomach because I tend to experience really bad acid reflux. Given that the majority of my workouts are either HIIT or plyometrics-based, I can’t afford to throw up in the middle of a session. That being the case, I usually have my first meal post-workout around nine a.m.
Today’s post-workout meal was a zucchini-based, tilapia veggie bowl.
- 1 serving of tilapia
- 110 grams of zucchini
- 3 handfuls of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 handfuls of chopped onions
- 1/2 avocado
- Garlic & Herb
- Pink Salt
- Black Pepper
- Lemon & Herb
- Small hint of white cooking wine
Before we begin, please take some time to chop your vegetables. I can guarantee you that it’s going to be much easier to cook when you have all your ingredients ready to go.
- Place a saucepan on the stove at a high temperature. Once the surface is warm (approximately 40 seconds), lower the temperature and spray olive oil
- Put the vegetables (zucchinni, onions, mushrooms and red bell peppers) inside the saucepan
- Pour a little bit of white wine on top of the vegetables and let it simmer for four minutes
- As soon as the vegetables look like they’ve softened, add the seasoning and let it sit for approximately six-seven minutes
- While you’re waiting on the vegetables, get a smaller saucepan for the tilapia and put the heat on medium
- Spray the bottom of the tilapia with olive oil and put it into the smaller saucepan
- Flip the tilapia over once it’s cooked on the bottom and add pink salt, black pepper and garlic & herb seasoning on top
- Get a small avocado and split it in half
- Put all the ingredients in a big bowl and ENJOY!
Before I let you go and practice this fabulous recipe, I do want to address the elephant in the room. I realize that I haven’t been writing as much as usual, so I want to explain. I earn my living by writing blogs and content for other companies, which means that I barely have time to write content for myself. This past couple of week has been crazy, but I’m happy to tell you that I’ve made it a priority to write for you guys more often.
I am heading to Colombia this weekend, so I’m excited to write authentic Colombian recipes and new work-out routines while I’m there.
Thank you for sticking around. The best is yet to come!
If you liked this article, you might enjoy: New Recipes for Your Favorite Dishes, How to Cook a Healthy and Authentic Colombian Dish