I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love back days.
I’m not sure as to whether it’s the stress that I’ve accumulated during the week or the fact that I’m just sore from my previous workouts, but working my back is like a breath of fresh air. For me, back days are like popping your back after a long work day. We all can agree on how amazing that feels.
Aside from the fact that exercising your back feels great, we can’t argue about the necessity of doing so. It’s important to strengthen our back muscles because they’re responsible for the protection of our spine and several functions we perform on a daily basis.
A sexy back is a great thing to have, which is why I’ve taken the time to write down my back workout routine for you guys. Even though I usually work two muscles each workout, I tend to devote a whole workout solely to my back.
As soon as you get to the gym, don’t forget to warm up. Some people like to foam roll before their workout in case they’re still sore on that area, so you might want to do that as well.
- Wide grip seated cable row & wide grip pull-up (12 x 4)
- Close grip pull down & single arm dumbbell row (15 x 4)
- Bent over deadlift (20 x 4)
- Standing t-bar row & single arm smith machine row (12 x 4)
- Reverse grip pull-down & close grip seated cable row (12 x 4)
- Stiff-legged deadlift (15 x 4 – OR or until you can’t do anymore)
- Back extensions (12 x 6)
- Stairmaster x ABS ABS ABS (20 minutes)
Try it and let me know what you think!